Bolt Tensioning System
Tensor Bolt Tensioner System, both Single stud and Multistud, is a proven design that is less complex, lighter in weight, faster to operate and easy to maintain. Tensor systems have been installed worldwide for more than 40 years. Tensor AB also provides outage support, spare parts, maintenance, technical sales support and service to the global nuclear market.
TENSOR have a complete range of bolt tensioners from M30 up to stud dimension of M180 (7” UNC), and loads up to 12 MN or 1200 metric tons, ready for work in nuclear plants, chemistry, ironworks or anywhere else where you have a need for a stud tensioning system with high precision.
TENSOR delivers complete bolt tensioning systems including digitally controlled pump units with multiple redundancies. On-demand we also deliver optimized tensioning and detensioning programs.
The bolt tensioner from M80 (3” UNC) and upwards are assembled with a counter balancing device to make it easier to turn the puller sleeve down/up, an indicator to prevent over-stroke and air-drive to rotate the puller sleeve up and down. We can also deliver quick hoists for the tensioners.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Compact design reduces the tensioner weight
- Promotes worker safety and easy handling method
- Reduced equipment set-up/removal time
- Less weight added onto the carousel and polar crane
- Reliable, less-complex Swedish design
- Minimal tooling maintenance requirements
- Fail-safe design with built-in redundancies and alternative operation modes
- Flexible pump and console positioning to enable location in low dose area
- Less than 30 seconds pressurization time, adapted to customer requirements
- Floating piston for better tolerance towards sagging flanges
STUD HANDLING EQUIPMENT
- Designed to handle 8 studs
- Balancing device for each stud to minimize handling damages
- Holds up to 16 sets of studs and nuts
- Designed to be handled with a forklift
- The frame is made of stainless steel with plastic bolt holes for protection
- The stud rack is placed on the refueling floor or in the cavity
- The studs are lifted directly from the bolt cradle and placed in the stud rack
- Each stud has a quick and easy connection/disconnection to the lifting beam